At Mountain Mist Spas, we’re committed to servicing the Colorado area with our top-of-the-line spas. That’s why we were ecstatic when we saw two Colorado cities in Pool Gnome’s Top 10 Cities for Hot Tub lovers.
In this article, we’ll dive into their findings and show our commitment to continue making Colorado the premier spot for hot tub lovers.
Pool Gnome’s Rankings
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Beaverton, OR
- Reno, NV
- Denver, CO
- Las Vegas, NV
- Spokane, WA
- Houston, TX
- Bend, OR
- Raleigh, NC
- Cincinnati, OH
Overview of the Study
- Defining Key Metrics: The study began by selecting metrics that matter most to hot tub lovers. These metrics were categorized into four groups: Access, Utilities Cost, Demand, and Extreme Cold.
- Assigning Importance: Each metric was given a weight according to its relevance.
- Gathering Data: For each of the 500 largest U.S. cities, data was collected for these metrics from various sources, including government and commercial databases.
- Scoring and Ranking: Cities were scored on a 100-point scale for each metric. The overall ranking of a city was determined by averaging its scores across all metrics.
- Final Rankings: The cities were ranked from best to worst based on their overall scores.
Key Insights from the Study
- Preference for Colder Climates: The study found a trend of colder cities, like those in Colorado, being more favorable for hot tub lovers.
- Climate Diversity in Rankings: Despite the trend towards colder climates, cities with diverse climates, including desert locations, also ranked well.
- Importance of Local Access: Proximity to hot tub dealers and service providers was a significant factor, helping to reduce costs related to shipping.
- Utility Costs Consideration: The study noted that in top-ranked cities, utility costs for maintaining a hot tub could be higher, especially in winter.
- Variability in City Rankings: Cities in Texas and California, particularly remote or suburban ones, ranked lower due to lesser demand and availability of hot tub facilities.
- Hot Tub Costs: The study also touches on the financial aspect of owning a hot tub, with prices varying significantly based on the model and features.
- Consideration of Additional Expenses: It’s essential to factor in costs like taxes, shipping, and installation when planning a hot tub purchase.
How Mountain Mist Fits Into the Equation
Pool Gnome’s study provides a thorough analysis for hot tub enthusiasts, considering a range of factors from geographical location to economic considerations. It highlights how location impacts the enjoyment and practical aspects of owning a hot tub.
Mountain Mist has prime Colorado locations in Thornton and Fort Collins, making it easy for hot tub lovers to find us. We offer spas from top brands like Dynasty and Synergy, ensuring you have a top-of-the-line selection. On top of that, our staff is trained to answer any questions you may have. If you’re in the market for a hot tub, pay us a visit or call us today!